Road trips offer so much fun and worth undertaking whenever you are on vacation or have some time to yourself. The following are top road trips in Canada which should be added to your bucket list of things to do on your next vacation. Here is the countdown of the top road trips in Canada:
8. Sea to Sky Highway, BC: You cannot miss Sea to Sky Gondola as you make your way from Vancouver to Whistler or Pemberton. There is so much breathtaking view to take in from the top of the Gondola.
7. Viking Trail, NL: On this stretch of road lies beautiful bays, icebergs, and the tallest lighthouse found in Atlantic Canada. This road which begins on the west coast of Newfoundland is home to two UNESCO World Heritage sites and ends at southern Labrador.
6. Alaska Highway YK: This stretch of 1,300 miles, also known as the ALCAN Highway, was built to ensure the easy transportation of US soldiers to Alaska during World War II. Due to the treacherous weather condition, it is best to plan this road trip that takes you from Dawson Creek, BC to Delta Junction in Alaska.
5 Icefields Parkway, AB: Highway 93, as this route which connects two national parks, Banff and Jasper, is also known, offers a spectacular drive suitable for summer. There are the Columbia Icefields to take in as well as the Glacier Skywalk. Wildlife may also be seen while you are on this road trip.
4. St. John, NB: As you follow the St. John River for about 248 miles, this road trip affords you the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of picturesque barns, tranquil fields, as well as several old covered bridges.
3. Cabot Trail NS: All year round, people take a road trip on this route which explains why it is well known. It is best known for its striking highland scenery, an eclectic mix of culture as you pass through communities along the way, and vast ocean views.
2. The Gaspesie Tour, QC: Over a period of 896 miles, this route runs from Montreal to Bas-Saint-Laurent including the Quebec Maritime. You would need a week to drive through in order to get the best out of this road trip filled with so much history, culture, and scenery.
1. Trans-Labrador Highway, NL: This challenging route crosses the vast expanse of land that make up Canada’s eastern mainland. Due to the sticky nature of this road in the rain and its dustiness in the sun, drivers are advised to have two tires and also given a loan of satellite phones from the government.
Do not fail to include these top road trips in your bucket list of things to do when next you go on vacation.